The Role of A Staffing Consultant In Tech Recruitment
Most people assume a staffing consultant and a recruiter are the same. But while they both work in helping to fill job vacancies, the jobs differ in a subtle way.
- A staffing consultant focuses on assisting businesses in finding the right employees to fill their open positions.
- A recruiter identifies, attracts, interviews, and selects candidates for jobs within different companies.
The Staffing Consultant’s Role in Tech RecruitmentStaff consultants who work with tech companies are responsible for identifying and hiring candidates with the skills and qualifications required for a particular job. Typical staff consultant responsibilities include:
- Posting job listings.
- Screening resumes and candidates.
- Conducting pre-screening and in-depth interviews.
- Checking references.
- Negotiating job offers that satisfy the client and candidate.
- Networking events.
- Employee references.
- Job boards and listings.
- Social media, including LinkedIn.
- Tech organization partnerships.